Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Series #5: Confidence in Decision Making


Great ideas for keeping Jesus the center of your Christmas and for
Recording your Christmas memories!
Click: http://tarafurman.com/resources/ or visit Charlotte's in Raleigh's Cameron Village
Click on the Journal - indicate Christmas Journal during ordering process.

The Things I love about Christmas! (Devotion below)

I love Christmas! 

Last night, we rode around, looking at the Christmas lights.  Yesterday afternoon, my kids, niece and I watched, "It's a Wonderful Life."  I've seen this movie dozens of times, yet I still cry at the end when Harry Bailey is whisked in and gives a toast to his brother George Bailey, "the richest man in town."  Even now, a knot forms in my throat!

Christmas is truly one of my favorite times of the year.  So I thought I'd share some of my surcees, (my word for treats) of Christmas!  I'd LOVE to hear your favorite things of Christmas.  Please share -
  • Chocolate covered cherries!  Yum!!!
  • Riding around looking at the lights-
  • Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas CD - every song on it!
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • And yes, "Christmas Vacation."  Sorry if this disappoints you:) 
What are some of your favorite things???


Matthew 1:19-20
Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.  But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream...


Decisions, decisions.  One of the fears that I have when making big decisions is, "What if I'm wrong?  What if I'm off?"

Do you ever fear this?  There are times that I am so paralyzed by the magnitude of the decisions that I have to make, that I just don't make one.   And absent from a direct Word from God, which I heavily rely upon, I end up procrastinating - hoping miraculously God will just make it disappear.

As I've studied Joseph's account this week, God has shown me afresh that you and I do not need to fear making big decisions.  Joseph had a huge decision to make.  Yet, clearly from Scripture, he was about to make the wrong decision. 

And then our sweet, loving, and kind God, ever so gently intervened.  But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife..."

Lately, I've had big decisions to make for our Iron Sharpens Iron luncheons.  We are in the middle of renegotiating our contract and a slew of other initiatives that we want roll out in 2012.  In the last week, not hearing a direct Word from God, this weak indecisive woman has had to prayerfully make bold, courageous decisions. 

I have been so comforted by Joseph's account in Scripture.  God has comforting me by showing me that: 
  1. When our hearts are pure before the Lord - (meaning: not perfect, but making sure our motives are pure in God's eyes.) 
  2. When our conscience's are clear - (meaning: we are not cherishing sin in our lives. Psalm 66:18)
Then we can confidently (prayerfully, goes without saying) make decisions KNOWING that if we're wrong, God will gently place us on the path that we missed.  The same God who did this for Joseph, will do this for you and me!

I hope this is freeing to you this morning.  It has been for me!

Next Post:  The Easy Road vs The Center of God's Will  (more from Joseph's account!)

 

Knowing God Ministries
KGM is now able to accept "Appreciated Stock."   I've been learning about this.  It's a huge win for donors!  Knowing God Ministries is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. 

Your seed of $10, $15, $20 or of computers,  helps us to offer life changing ministry to women at no cost.  You are helping:
  • women see the relevance of Scripture in everyday life - changing the way they think; the way they behave. -
  • women become wives according to God's instructions -
  • women experience God in their everyday lives.
Your gift, no matter how small or large is truly appreciated! 
Merry Christmas!!!
Knowing God Ministries
115 Overview Lane
Cary, NC 27511

Save the Date!

Next Iron Sharpens Iron:   Friday, January 13, 2012!  Put it on your calendar now! 
Moving into 2012, our discussions will focus on Marriage.

Perhaps you are single, widowed, divorced, or separated - these sessions are still for you!  Do you have daughter's, nieces, granddaughters, girlfriends, or people you minister to?  These sessions include you too!


1 comment:

  1. What a great thought about making the wrong decision and God will gently help us back on the right path. Precious.

    ReplyDelete