Monday, November 21, 2011

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!


Changes to our monthly Women's Luncheon, Iron Sharpens Iron

Hebrews 5:13 NLT
"A person who is living on milk isn't very far along in the Christian life and doesn't know much about doing what is right.  Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right."


First Big Announcement:   Up until now, Knowing God Ministries monthly luncheon, Iron Sharpens Iron has been targeted specifically to women leaders. 

Now, starting next month, Iron Sharpens Iron is opening to ALL WOMEN.  You do not have to be a leader to attend!

Why the change?   Since when we first began hosting this luncheon in April '11, we've had leaders from across the spectrum attending (and continuing to attend.)  When asked in the monthly evaluation form what topics they wanted covered - the answers were so diverse and widespread.  Many of the topics would never be appropriate for the general audience because they were leadership specific.  The topic that may appeal to a 1/3 of the group - but not to the rest of the group.  (The answer to this is coming in the 2nd BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!) 

Another reason for the change - it's been my desire all along to have this same kind of format for ALL women.  However, my team and I cannot imagine hosting 2 luncheons a month.  You would not imagine the titanic effort it takes to host one. 

As I shared this with my team in August,  we went to prayer to ask God for His perfect will.    God seemed to quickly give my team unity on these changes back in early September.  I was the hold out!  I had both things compartmentalized as 2 separate events - and couldn't seem to get past it.

I share all of this with you because I want you to see the relevance and power of the Holy Spirit when making decisions.  What He has done for me - He will do for you!



How God Changed it:
In mid-September, my team had oneness on opening the lunches, but having target specific workshops following the lunch to accommodate some of the specific needs.  (More on this to come!)  At our meeting that day, I was prepared to argue my point - as to why it needed to be 2 separate events. 

I asked the ladies on my team to go back to the original Scripture God used when He called us to start hosting these lunches.  

Suddenly, the Words jumped off the page and began confirming EXACTLY what my team had been trying to tell me.  (God brought me into allignment - not them!)  Listen carefully, "...to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the Body of Christ may be built up... and become mature."  Eph. 4:12-13 italics mine.

It was as if the light came on - this luncheon was to be open to all of God's people...  So that they may be built up and grow in maturity and to be prepared for service.

I have been so excited since that meeting!  Since then, we've been in prayer as to how to proceed.  The only thing missing was the approval of my Board of Directors, which as of last Wednesday - I have!  (They only meet quarterly.)

God is at work!  It's time for the Body of Christ to come off the baby food and grow to maturity in Christ.  As God has blessed me with a team of strong women in the Lord, I'm often reminded that sometimes I'm still "drinking milk."  They challenge me to GROW spiritually in wisdom and understanding.  They also challenge me to live a life worthy of the calling I've received. 

WE WANT TO DO THE SAME FOR YOU TOO!!!  This is huge!  We hope you are as excited as we are.  If you live in the Raleigh/Cary/Durham area of North Carolina, let us know if you want to be included on the monthly invitation!

Tomorrow:  The 2nd Big Announcement!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, awesome Tara!! I met you after you spoke at the Wakefield ladies retreat. A few of the ladies and I are really interested in your luncheons. Will you please add me to your monthly invite list so we can keep up with the plans? My email address is bstoneking@wakefieldbaptist.org

    Thank you! Have a wonderful week!!
    -Bekah

    ReplyDelete