Thursday, August 5, 2010

Season Change! "He changes times and seasons..." Daniel 2:21

I know - it's the beginning of August. It's hot and sticky outside. Where I live in the south the humidity makes everyday a bad hair day unless you have exceptionally good hair. (Which I don't. I wear mine in a pony tail most every day!) We're about two months before the arrival of fall, but this week, my family had a season change.

My children went back to school yesterday. Though my heart was a bit sad as I said good-bye to them yesterday morning, there was a twinge of excitement. It only grew this morning! It feels like the first of the year again--that time of year when we make resolutions to improve in certain areas, to add things to our lives, to delete things from our lives.

One of the things that I want to add to my life as I face this new season is to blog on a regular basis. This is so hard for me. (As you can probably tell!)
I'm a vulnerable and private woman. Who cares that I just got a new puppy that's rocking my world? Who cares that my feelings can be hurt at the drop of a hat? Who cares that yesterday when I picked my children up from school, I almost turned back around and returned one of them to their teachers! No one. Yet when the Creator of the universe enters into the mundane of everyday life - which He does - and teaches profound life lessons that affects my parenting, my attitude, my behavior, and my relationship with my husband and others - it's worth sharing. He's worth throwing yourself out there. He's worth feeling like a fool before others if it helps only one.

Your season may not be changing yet, but it will. Will you look at the change of your next season as a way to impact others for Jesus? Will you ask the Lord to show you something you can add to your everyday that will add spiritual health to your soul? Perhaps it's having a more consistent quiet time or prayer time. Will you ask Him if there's possibly something HE wants you to give up?

He's asking me to put aside my fears, my insecurities and my vulnerablities to share my life on this very ordinary blog. Will you pray for me? Will you pray that I'll be consistent out of obedience to Him?

Let me know how to pray for you when your season changes. Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one woman sharpens another." Let's resolve to sharpen each other!

2 comments:

  1. Hey my friend!!
    I just had to check in on this new bloggy season!!! Girl, you know I'm praying for you!!! You are a treasure in my life!! I'm resolving with you in that sharpening!! Oh, I'm so thankful to call you friend!

    Love and hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,
    God bless you girl and your public proclamation on your blog. I am not very devoted to journaling either. But just found your site thanks to your Christmas devotion email, as you see my reading happens in the wee hours. I pray God will fill you with His Word to share with the world. I love to read www.aholyexperience.com by Anne Voskamp. She too is private and shy, but oh so mighty in His Kingdom. I am challenged and filled anew by the WORDS given through writers and speakers like you. Oh what power in THE WORD and in words given to us by the Lord for affirming, confirming and building His eternal fmaily. Looking for forward to hearing more. I attended your class at the NC Women's Prayer Conference and plan to contact you next week to get my study for the New Year!

    Angel Jones
    http://crayonplease.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete