Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Does God Really Talk to Us?

The Furman clan!
I recently attended my 20th high school reunion! The question of the night was, "what are you doing now?" Most everyone responded by sharing their profession or information about their families... The answer I would give threw most for a loop. Sadly, due to my ambitious social climbing in high school, I was the least likely to answer, "I'm a Christian writer and speaker!"

I can still see the look on their faces - total bewilderment. Many them looked at me as if I had suddenly grown three heads! Two classmates in particular were bold enough to inquire further, "how did you start doing THAT?" with the emphasis on "that"! I wish you could have seen their speechless gaze when I answered, "God told me to!"

I believe the astonishment came from hearing that God speaks. You could tell that this was a totally new thought to my old friends. Unfortunately, many believers look at me this very same way when I share something that I believe God has spoken into my heart.

Do you believe God speaks? Or does God just speak to the super spiritual people like pastors and preachers and teachers and evangelists? Well let this simple southern girl tell you - without any hesitation - God Speaks!

The God of the Universe, the One who hangs the stars in place and calls them each by name, speaks! The One who spoke all things into existence; the One who was with Adam in the Garden; the One who walked with Noah; the One who talked to Abraham; the One who has always existed and will continue to exist - speaks!

I've never heard the audible voice of God, but I hear Him speaking in depths of my heart everytime I open my Bible. Personally, I can't get over it! I meet with Him most every morning. I grab my coffee and my Bible, I go to my comfy chair, and in the solitude -------- the Wisest Mind in the Universe meets with me. He directs my steps; He encourages me; He comforts me when I'm facing insecurities and fears that threaten to unravel my day. He speaks! He doesn't just speak to the spiritually super people. He wants to speak to you and to me!

Join me on this exciting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment